Building skills to better help the communities you serve
Understanding Addiction is a unique online training program for those who work directly or indirectly with people who face challenges with addiction.
This course was developed to improve access to services by helping a wide range of employees and volunteers build the knowledge, self-awareness and skills to better support and provide services to people living with an addiction.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Gain a better understanding of addiction
- Learn effective, practical skills to increase comfort in responding in a positive and respectful way
- Develop confidence in working with challenging clients while protecting workplace safety
- Build greater comfort in having conversations that promote inclusion and healthy communities
The course is delivered through eight interactive online lessons. Each 60 to 90 minute lesson features opportunities for personal reflection, downloadable resources for in-person learning, and an open forum for discussion. Participants have three months to work through the lessons at their convenience and can start the training at any point during the three months.
Our next course will be open from January 15 to April 30, 2018. Course registration is $100 per person. Registration closes January 31, 2018.
To register visit www.understandingaddiction.ca.
- Download the Understanding Addiction postcard