Together we’re supporting a vision for mentally healthy people in a healthy society
Many of CMHA BC’s advocacy, education, information and outreach do not receive government funding – relying on donations to sustain them.
Here are just a few ways our donors helped us make an impact in 2021:
- Responding to a 40% increase in requests for information and wayfinding support over the last two years
- Helping over 2,000 youth and adults connect with peers and develop evidence-based skills to manage low mood, anxiety and depression through our Living Life to the Full courses
- Providing help through over 60,000 views of our COVID-19 online mental health resource
- Working hard with local communities to create new, community-based models of mental health crisis response as an alternative to police and emergency room visits
- Speaking up for changes in how police interact with people experiencing mental illness and for Black, Indigenous and racialized people in the Police Act review
- Co-hosting an Overdose Prevention and Response Essential Practices learning series that showcased personal empowerment, community-driven actions and policy changes that can shift BC to a harm reduction and health promotion approach
We couldn’t do it without our supporters.