Be part of a provincial advisory group to help make BounceBack more accessible to everyone in BC. BounceBack teaches effective skills to help individuals (aged 15+) overcome symptoms of mild to moderate depression or anxiety, and improve their mental health. Provided by the Canadian Mental Health Association, BounceBack is available for free across BC. You can learn more about the program at www.bouncebackbc.ca.
We recognize that many people in BC are underserved and underrepresented in mental health services, and we hope to identify ways we can address barriers and challenges to make BounceBack a more accessible service for these populations. The Advisory Group will give the BounceBack team feedback on outreach and promotions and access to the program (e.g. how people are referred to the program, the registration process, and barriers to access). The feedback will be used to create recommendations for program updates.
Who can apply?
- People with lived/living experience with mental health challenges and
- People who have been underrepresented or underserved in services. This may include those represented by race, ancestry, place of origin, religion, physical or mental ability, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation and financial ability, and Indigenous Peoples, Black Peoples, and People(s) of Colour.
- Anyone who currently lives in BC
- People who are age 18 and above
- No experience or knowledge of BounceBack or Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) programs is required
What will I have to do?
- Participate in four monthly online meetings from June to September 2022
- Participate in conversations about accessing mental health services and the BounceBack program
What can I expect from participating?
- Receive a $25 honorarium for each monthly meeting you attend
- Help create a set of recommendations to make BounceBack more inclusive and accessible
- Learn about mental health in BC and Canada, hear from people with diverse perspectives and experiences, and hear about other opportunities to engage in the field of mental health
How can I apply?
Please see the Call for Volunteers for details.
Apply online by Sunday, June 5 at 11:59pm PST.