The Canadian Mental Health Association, BC Division (CMHA BC) is currently seeking candidates for three positions on our Board of Directors. The position is a three-year term from September 2019 to September 2022. We are looking for individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences who are interested in helping us fulfill our vision of improving the mental health of all British Columbians.
We have a skills-based board that balances experience, knowledge, and professional expertise. To maintain this balance, the CMHA BC Board has directed us to seek candidates who have expertise and can make contributions in the areas of:
- Clinical expertise in treatment for addiction
- Government relations
- Fundraising and sponsorship
- Emerging trends in technology
In addition, the Board of Directors prioritizes candidates who identify as:
- Members of an Indigenous community
- Persons with lived experience of a mental illness or addiction
- Youth (19–30 years of age)
Completed nomination forms must be received at the CMHA BC Division office by 4 pm PDT on May 24, 2019. Nomination packages are available to download below, or at CMHA locations throughout BC.