September 28, 2018
5:00 pm to 7:30 pm
BCIT Downtown Campus, Room 280
555 Seymour Street
Please join us for the Canadian Mental Health Association, BC Division’s 2018 Celebration and Awards. Celebrate CMHA’s 100th anniversary with award, bursary and scholarship presentations, special guest speakers and a light dinner.
A Tribute to Lorne Fraser
Celebrating the contributions of the visionary behind the Lorne Fraser Educational Fund
Celebrating Our Champions
Our work is made stronger by the everyday heroes who show up to help us. Each person or organization has their own story that motivates them to reach out to others, reduce stigma and speak up for mental health and substance use services. We’ll hear from three who have stepped up personally to champion mental health.
Awards and Scholarships
Presenting our scholarship and bursary recipients for 2018
- Two – $1,000 Lorne Fraser Scholarship for Mental Health Promotion for post-secondary students whose education and career goals are related to mental health promotion
- Seven – $700 Lorne Fraser Educational Bursary for students to go towards post-secondary education at an accredited BC institution
- One – $1,000 LGM Continuous Learning Bursary for a BC student at least 19 years of age pursuing distance learning
- Two – $1,000 Mental Health Fine Arts Bursary (FAB) Award for a student at least 18 years of age to attend a post-secondary program in the field of fine arts
- Three – $700 Janice Lee Blue Wave Youth Bursary for BC youth under the age of 20 who have experienced a significant mental health or substance use challenge
Please RSVP by September 14 to Clara at email@example.com or 604-688-3234.