These information sheets were developed for general use by police, public, people with mental illness and family members, paramedics, etc. They are written in a simple, direct format, outlining common issues related to police interactions with people with mental illness. We would like to acknowledge gaming revenue from the provincial government which supported the development and initial printing of these materials.
Reports and Best Practice Guides
- Criminal Justice Diversion for Persons with Mental Disorders: A review of best practices (PDF)—2008
- A Framework for Diversion of Persons with a Mental Disorder in BC (PDF)—2008
- Keeping People with Mental Disorders Out of Trouble with the Law (PDF)—2008
- Crisis Intervention Policy for Police Working with People with Mental illness/Concurrent Disorders (PDF)—2008
- Best Practice in Mental Health Training for Law Enforcement Personnel (PDF)—2008
- Study in Blue and Grey: Police Interventions with People with Mental Illness: A review of challenges and responses (PDF)—2003