Here are some sources of reliable information about the coronavirus and COVID-19 illness in BC:
Websites, agencies, and organizations
- BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC)
- Government of BC
- Your local municipality: look up your local municipality’s website for local information
- Government of Canada
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Call 811 if you need medical advice—for example, you are concerned that you have symptoms of COVID-19. 811 is available 24/7.
- Call 1-888-268-4319 (1-800-COVID19) for non-medical information—for example, you want to know more about social distancing. 1-800-COVID19 is available daily from 7:30am – 8:00pm.
- Call 911 if you need urgent medical attention—for example, you start to have difficulty breathing.