Mid-way through the afternoon, delegates once again gathered at their tables and wrote down answers to the following question:
What steps are you planning to take back at your workplaces?
This was a much-valued opportunity to process all the knowledge, stories, and resources that had been shared during the conference and brainstorm how to apply them at their own work sites. Host Kathryn Gretsinger joked, "As I overheard CMHA National CEO Peter Coleridge say, 'Let's take 5 minutes to solve all our problems right now.'"
Some great responses:
- Discussion paper on psychological safety distributed to executives.
- Promote the availability and do employee training with mental health services.
- Offer compassion fatigue/vicarious trauma training.
- Provide employees with self-care resources and tools.
- Websites and catalogues of resources for distribution.