One distinctive aspect of the Bottom Line conference is that we seek to gather and share the experience, knowledge, and expertise of the delegates who attend. Mid-way through the morning, the stage cleared, and the focus was turned back to the delegates, who gathered around their tables to discuss the following question:
What Are the Top Mental Health Priorities for Your Organization?
Some great responses:
- Have a mental health officer or someone designated to help with these situations.
- Integrate mental health awareness into onboarding, training, learning, and development and other areas in HR.
- Awareness campaign across the organization (website, posters). Attach a point person for employees to contact.
- Build a corporate culture of respect.
- Senior leaders to model work/life balance.
- Employers and mangers to be knowledgeable regarding resources for employees.